We respect and comply with data protection laws and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully and in a transparent way
• Collected only for valid purposes and not used in any way that goes against those purposes
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes it was collected for
• Kept securely
Collection of Personal Data
We collect personal data to
• Supplement our records
• Improve the personalization of our services to you
• Detect fraud
• Enhance your shopping experience
• Deliver the products and services
We collect personal data when you:
• Have done business with us
• Have made a complaint or enquiry to us
• Wish to attend, or have attended, an event
• Subscribe to our e-newsletters
• Have worked with us or working with us
On certain occasions, we will ask you to provide us with certain data about yourself. It is our policy to collect only the necessary data required to complete your request or our service.
How will your personal data be secured?
We have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions of service delivery and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
When you use our website, data about how you use our website is collected using “cookies". Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log data and visitor behaviour data. This data is used to track visitor use of the website and to detect and block invalid traffic.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies and obtain up-to-date data about blocking and deleting cookies via www.aboutcookies.org.
Use of personal data
We will not sell or lease your personal data to third parties. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. Some examples include:
• To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests
• To register and service your account
• To administer contests, promotions, and surveys
• To provide customer service and alert you about the product information, including recalls
• To help us personalize our websites and advertising
• To help us improve your experience in our stores and through our website
• To send you information about our products, services, and promotions
• To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us
• To protect the security and integrity of our websites
• Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development and quality control
Disclosure of your data
We may disclose your personal data to companies and/or organisations who work with us in providing the website and associated services.
Retention of personal data
We will retain your personal data on our systems only for as long as we need it, given the purposes mentioned above. We keep contact data (such as mailing list data) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that data. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited data about you so that we may honour your request for the future as well.
Changes to this Policy